"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" LdV

Friday, 17 March 2017

RATATOUILLE AND ROQUEFORT CAKE

RATATOUILLE AND ROQUEFORT CAKE


In my freezer you can find a lot of ratatouille that I made earlier on and freeze afterwards. Ratatouille is handy, good, healthy and you can combine it with absolutely anything or prepare it the way you like : flan, compote (use a hand blender), cake, etc, etc...
To prepare my ratatouille I diced tomatoes, aubergines, pepper, onions, courgettes, thyme and garlic. I cooked all those ingredients with a little bit of olive oil in a large pan. I covered and it will cooked gently for 35 minutes. I add a little bit of brown sugar to caramelized it at the end. And voila. I know that normally you have to cook every single vegetable separately only and never ever combined them when cooking but I had to do an easy and quick way. I made a lot and freeze... If you don't have the time, take a jar or a tin. Roquefort is my daughter weakness so I marry it to a yummy cake with ratatouille....Enjoy! 



Wine pairing : Caramany (Red) from the Languedoc-Roussillon.



RATATOUILLE AND ROQUEFORT CAKE
A quick glance in your kitchen...

In your fridge
Roquefort
Eggs
Crème fraîche 
Mesclun salad 

In your cupboard 
Ratatouille
Flour
Shallot

RATATOUILLE AND ROQUEFORT CAKE
Serves 6-8


3 eggs 
400g 14 oz of home-made ratatouille (or from a jar) 
100g 3,5 oz of Roquefort 
100g 3,5 oz of flour 
20cl 6,75 oz of crème fraîche
1 shallot finely shopped  

Preheat the oven to 180° C.
Mix together the ratatouille, flour, eggs, crème and Roquefort.
Pour the preparation in a cake tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare a salad combining mesclun salad with shallot.
Serve the cake with the salad.
Dressing ideas (HERE).



Cake ratatouille et roquefort

Pour 6 personnes
3 œufs
400g de ratatouille
100g de roquefort
100g de farine tamisée
1 levure
20cl de crème fraîche

Préchauffez votre four à 180° C.
Mélangez les œufs avec la crème puis la farine et la levure.
Ajoutez la ratatouille et le roquefort et amalgamez bien le tout.
Déposez la préparation dans un moule à cake et enfournez pour 30 minutes.
Pendant ce temps, préparez une salade avec l’échalote.
Servir ensemble.
Idées de vinaigrettes (ICI)

No comments:

Post a Comment