"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" LdV

Monday, 30 January 2017

RED QUINOA, ASPARAGUS, LENTILS, RADISHES, ALMOND MILK AND APPLE - OKINAWA DIET, THE EASY WAY

RED QUINOA, ASPARAGUS, LENTILS, RADISHES, ALMOND MILK AND APPLE
OKINAWA DIET, THE EASY WAY


Kept in convalescence this summer for 2 months, I was not feeling very well when I came back to London at the end of August : I did not do any sports (because I couldn't) and my hectic French diet did not help at all. In addition with my very strong medication, I looked like hell.
I tried in any direction to find a way to fell better. It is so easy nowadays with the vegan diet, the not so vegan diet, the Paleo diet, the color diet, the juice only diet, the bowl diet, the what else diet? The trouble was that I felt dizzy most of the time because of vitamins and proteins deficiency in those "diets". Certainly perfect when you are 20 years old but not when you are in recovery...  It's one afternoon, distressed and in front of my French TV watching a documentary that I saw this old man. He was a very depressed doctor in Okinawa. Depressed because of the new obesity faced by the inhabitants of its island, the fact that in longevity they were at the 23rd place instead of 1st! Seeing this man so depressed, so like me... I began to look for anything about this place, their diet, the war, the American presence and I found what I was looking for in the "Okinawa way of life". Gentle exercises were recommended with daily nap and a not -so- restrictive diet : I was able to eat meat, fish, raw, cooked, vegetables, fruits and indulge myself with a little bit of wine. Obviously, it was a challenge at the beginning because I could not find goya (little green melon), Shima rakkyo, tan root and shikwasa for example... Because the special tea I bought at my Japan Center for 64 pounds was NOT TO BE TAKEN with my medication... So I adapted and created everything the easy way. Now, I walk 3 miles a day, have a daily nap of 20-30 minutes (even in my car with my alarm on my phone...), and I prepare my meals with simple ingredients find in the Okinawa diet. No alcohol for 5 days in a row and I go to restaurants on week-ends eating whatever I wish with a nice glass of very good wine.
I do not feel dizzy, I have absolutely no craving. I do feel a little bit better. I am aware that it will take time but it's a start...
I have created many meals, breakfast, snack, soups, etc that I will post from time to time.
Each of those meals will have simple ingredients (easily find at your supermarket) present in the Okinawa diet. Today I have taken quinoa in pouch and lentils in tins because they are easier to use in a salad and nutritiously exactly the same as the ones you cook for a long time... But you may cook your quinoa and your lentils as you wish...;)




RED QUINOA, ASPARAGUS, LENTILS, RADISHES, ALMOND MILK AND APPLE
A quick glance in your kitchen...

In your fridge
Asparagus tips
Radishes
Avocado
Almond milk
Apple

In your cupboard 
Red and white quinoa from a pouch
Lentils cooked or from a tin
Mustard
Olive oil
Sesame oil
Black sesame


RED QUINOA, ASPARAGUS, LENTILS, RADISHES, ALMOND MILK AND APPLE
Serves 1

120g 4,2 oz of red and white quinoa (cooked from a pouch)
6 asparagus tips
4 radishes sliced
1 small avocado Hass cut in half
100g 3,5 oz of cooked lentils (or from a tin)
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of mustard
Black sesame
1 glass of almond milk
1 apple

Bring to the boil water cook the asparagus for 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing in a little bowl with the olive oil, sesame oil and mustard.
Dispose the quinoa on the plate with the lentils, radishes and avocado.
Add the asparagus cooked and drizzle with the dressing mixing well.
Sprinkle with black sesame.

Serve with a glass of almond milk and the apple for dessert.


Okinawa facile
Quinoa rouge, asperges, lentilles, radis, lait d’amande et pomme

Pour 1 personne

120g de quinoa rouge et blanc (dans un sachet précuit)

6 asperges

4 radis découpés en fines tranches

1 petit avocat Hass coupé en deux

100g de lentilles cuites (ou en conserve)

3 CAS d’huile d’olive

3 CAS d’huile de sésame

1 CAS de moutarde

1 verre de lait d’amande

1 pomme



Dans une casserole, cuire les asperges dans de l’eau bouillante pendant 7 minutes.
Pendant ce temps, préparez la vinaigrette en mélangeant les huiles et la moutarde. Réservez.
Déposez le quinoa dans une assiette avec les lentilles, radis et avocat.
Ajoutez les asperges cuites et arrosez de la vinaigrette. Mélangez bien le tout.
Servir avec le verre de lait d’amande ainsi que la pomme pour le dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment