"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" LdV

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

FRESH VERBENA LEAVES INFUSION

FRESH VERBENA LEAVES INFUSION

I cannot finish a day without an infusion. Weather it has been a cold day or not, I have to have my beverage. In France, my favorite is from Aveyron and is called "thé de l'Aubrac" (tea from Aubrac or calament with large flowers). Aubrac is an area in France very well known for its beef as well (organic and delicious). But their tea is my weakness and unfortunately, the tea is picking only in summer... I go for the Verbena (Aloysia triphylla) then. But it has to be fresh then dried. The lemony perfume is to die for and I know at the first sip that I will have a very good night indeed...






FRESH VERBENA LEAVES INFUSION
A quick glance in your kitchen...


In your cupboard
Fresh (but dried) verbena leaves

FRESH VERBENA LEAVES INFUSION
Serves 1
One handful of dry Verbena leaves
Boiling water

Place the verbena leaves in a cup. 
Fill with boiling water. 
Enjoy...


Infusion de feuilles de verveine

Pour 1 personne
1 poignée de feuilles de Verveine seches
Eau bouillante

Placer les feuilles dans une tasse.
Remplir d'eau bouillante.
Infusez, dégustez...

No comments:

Post a Comment