"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" LdV

Tuesday, 21 April 2015

CRAB GUACAMOLE

CRAB GUACAMOLE
 
Oh my God ! What a fabulous dish this one is, a complete winner in no time...! In my view, nothing can beat the delicate texture of fresh crab with the smooth yet spicy guacamole... I ate this guacamole at my friend's house (la belle Hélène...). It was so good that I decided to do it the day after, just for myself (and no one else...), na! I advise you to buy your crab meat at your fishmonger... Forget supermarket's one!!!

Wine pairing : Coteaux-du-Cap Corse (White) from Corse.

This crab guacamole recipe is gluten-free...


CRAB GUACAMOLE
A quick glance in your kitchen

IN YOUR FRIDGE
Fresh crab
Limes
Chillies
Coriander
Tomatoes

IN YOUR CUPBOARD
Avocado
Cumin
Shallots
Tabasco

CRAB GUACAMOLE
The recipe for 1 large bowl
5 ripe Hass avocados (seeded and peeled) 
2 tomatoes 
2 little shallots 
The juice of 2 limes 
A dash of Tabasco (optional) 
2 red chillies 
1 tbsp of cumin 
A little bunch of fresh coriander 
350g of fresh crab

In a large bowl, muddle the tomatoes, the shallots, the chillies and the coriander to a fine paste.
Add the lime juice, cumin and Tabasco. 
Coarsely mash in the avocados.
Pour in the fresh crab on top.
Serve with tacos, crusty fresh bread or by itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment