"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" LdV

Saturday, 7 March 2015

BEEF WITH MARMITE

BEEF WITH MARMITE

The first time I ate Marmite, I adored it. It was such a new taste for me. I was not keen on the other hand to eat it plainly with a toast. No, this Marmite had to be paired with something else to be even better. With meat, scrambled eggs or spaghetti, it was a revelation : Marmite would found its place between my Dijon mustard and my piment d'Espelette : Marmite was definitely a part of the family then... My children preferred Vegemite though (mind you, it is a little bit different, fair enough...).
This recipe is terribly easy and for my children who cannot eat their meat now without Marmite, it's perfect...

Wine pairing : Lirac (Red) from The Rhône Valley.




BEEF WITH MARMITE
A quick glance in your kitchen...

In your fridge
Aberdeen beef

In your cupboard
Fusillini
Onions
Marmite
Garlic
Vegetable stock

BEEF WITH MARMITE
Serves 2
250g 8,7 oz of  minced Aberdeen beef 
200g 7 oz of Fusillini  
100g 3,5 oz of onions (frozen for me) 
2 tbsp of Marmite
1 crushed garlic clove  
1 Kub Or (or any vegetables cube stock)

In a pan, fry the onion in a little bit of olive oil with the Kub, garlic and onions for 2 minutes.
Add the minced beef in small parts and cook it until it has changed color.
Meanwhile, bring the water to the boil and cook the Fusillini.
Add the Marmite to the beef and combine well.
Cook for a further 3 minutes stirring frequently. 
Serve with the Fusillini. 

THE MEAT : HOW TO COOK IT
Medium : 5 minutes.
Well done : 8 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment