"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" LdV

Friday, 6 March 2015

ARDECHOIS

ARDECHOIS 

This Ardéchois specialty is from the Ardèche area in France. It is a cake I absolutely adore, which smells my childhood, made with chestnut paste...Ah la la! What would I have done without any chestnut? I would have been very, very unhappy. Chestnut is a world to me. First, my ancestors, my family and my blood are from the Lot area in France which is amongst other "The chestnut area". I may baked once a month something with chestnut : whole or not (do not use the "Merchants" ones that you can find in any supermarket, they are absolutely disbiiiiiip...). My family or friends gently brought me in enormous jar the precious castanea in its liquid form, the chestnut paste... In London, we found Clément Faugier chestnut paste which is good. If by any chance you go to France in my area, taste the "real" chestnut : whole or in paste...You might die (of pleasure so this is perfectly all right...)...

Wine pairing : Mâcon blanc (White) from Burgundy.



ARDECHOIS
A quick glance in your kitchen...

In your fridge
Butter
Eggs

In your cupboard
Chestnut paste
Dark rum

ARDECHOIS
Serves 6-8
500g 17,5 oz of chestnut paste 
100g 3,5 oz of melted butter 
3 eggs 
3 tbsp of dark rum

Pre-heat your oven to 180° C.
Whisk the eggs. Add the chestnut paste, butter and rum.
Butter and line a round tin.
Pour the mixture in.
Cook for 30 minutes.





Ardéchois

Pour 6-8 personnes
500g de crème de marrons
100g de beurre (fondu)
3 œufs
3 cas de rhum brun

Préchauffez le four à 180°C.
Battre les œufs avec la crème de marrons, le rhum et le beurre.
Chemisez un moule rectangulaire de papier sulfurisé.
Déposez la préparation dans le moule.
Cuire 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment