"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" LdV

Saturday, 21 February 2015

KORMA EXPRESS

 KORMA EXPRESS

Yes, I should have put "kind of Korma Express" because I know it is not the original recipe. But never mind, I wanted to cook an Indian dish for my children. So it has to be tasty and quick. 
As usual I tried to make my own : I followed the recipe from my Indian restaurant (The Malabar - W8) but it was very long (it's easy-peasy here...) so I had to add my touch.
"It is the best Korma I have ever eaten" was my daughter's first words after tasted it.
So it is...

Wine pairing : Riesling (White) from Alsace.




KORMA EXPRESS
A quick glance in your kitchen...

In your fridge
Chicken
Yogurt
Cream
Garlic puree
Tomato concentrated
Ginger
Chili

In your cupboard
Madras curry
Ground almond
Onions
Garlic
Grated coconut
Ground turmeric
Coriander seed
Ginger powder
Rice

KORMA EXPRESS 
Serve 3


300g 10,58 oz of diced chicken
200g 7,05 oz of yogurt (Activia for me)
1 generous tbsp of Madras curry
15cl 5 oz of cream
250g 8,81 oz of Basmati rice
For the paste
1 tbsp of ground almond
2 onions
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp of garlic puree
2 tbsp of tomato concentrate
2 tbsp of grated coconut
2 tbsp of turmeric
1 tbsp of coriander seeds
1 chili
2 cm of fresh ginger
1 tbsp of ginger powder 
A few tbsp of water

In a frying pan, briefly brown the chicken in a little bit of olive oil.
At the same time, using a food processor, blitz smooth all the ingredients listed for the paste above.
Add this paste to the pan.
Combine well.
Add the yogurt to the pan and combine well.
Cover the pan and cook over a slow heat for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring to the boil 1,6 liters of water for the rice.
Cook the rice.
After 20 minutes add the curry and the cream to the pan.
Combine well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
It's ready.
Serve with the rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment