"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" LdV

Sunday, 22 February 2015

APPLE COMPOTE EXPRESS

APPLE COMPOTE EXPRESS

In France the number of apple compote display on the shelves at any supermarkets is impressive : apple compote with cherries, with chestnut, with rhubarb, apricot, banana, pear, with 3 different apples, with bits, etc, etc... So when I arrived in London, I was a little bit disoriented : where are my compotes ? So I did it myself. It takes a little bit of time but it was worth it... But on a daily basis, I realized that it was too long. I was happy to discover on a French channel the use of microwaves for puree...Obviously, I had to adapt it for my compote. So did I...



APPLE COMPOTE EXPRESS
A quick glance in your kitchen...

In your fridge
Apples

In your cupboard
Brown caster sugar

APPLE COMPOTE EXPRESS
For 1 little jar
5 Cox apples (peeled, cored and diced) 
2 tbsp of water 
1 tbsp of brown caster sugar (optional)

Put the apples in a MW proof container with the water and the sugar.
Cook for 8 minutes at 800.
Blitz the mixture smooth with a hand blender
It’s ready.

You can add:
Fruits (mango, banana, peach, etc),
Spices (cinnamon, vanilla, etc).
Perfect for an apple pie base, for a crumble, etc.
Babies and children love the smooth texture.
Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment